Who’s pumped for Super Sunday? I love me some football, but TBH the NFL doesn’t do anything for me. I’m a college football fan all the way (and roll damn tide.) You know I’ll get behind any reason to eat though. I love Super Bowl snacking because it means lots of dips, which are probably my favorite category of food. I love being able to try a little bit of everything, or a lot of your favorite 😉 I’m a huge guacamole fan, or really just an avocado fan in general, so I wanted to do a spin on traditional guac for the big game this year.
I came up with this avocado, feta and tomato dip that gives you a little more bite than traditional guacamole. It essentially only requires three ingredients and about five minutes to throw together. I love it as a dip with tortilla or pita chips, but I’ve also been eating it on it’s own as a salad! Just add some grilled chicken or quinoa for an easy meal.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado
- 4oz crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add cherry tomatoes to small bowl
- Cube avocado: cut in half and then cut a grid into avocado all the way through to the skin (see photo.) Invert avocado and use knife to scrape out. Add to bowl.
- Add feta, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt to bowl.
- Using large spoon, mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
Y’all gotta try it! What are your favorite Super Bowl foods? I love em all – buffalo chicken dip, pizza dip, wings, you name it. Hope you have a great weekend full of lots of snacking!
Biscuits & blessings,