Y’all. I can’t even with this one. So it goes a little something like this.. I win one of those Instagram contests that you tag a friend to enter (exciting, right?!) and receive a jar of this deliciousness in the mail. I eat a spoonful then put in the cabinet. Fast forward a few days and I need to make an appetizer for Friendsgiving dinner. Naturally, I want to do something cheesey and thought of baked brie. And then I remember I had pumpkin spice cookie butter! What could be better than combining my two favorite things; cheese and cookies?!
This recipe came together very easily. I took store bought puff pastry and a wheel of brie, spread on some cookie butter and topped it with chopped pecans. Fold that all up, brush the puff pastry with some melted butter and pop it in the oven! My friends loved it. The sweet and salty combination works perfectly and makes a great appetizer or could even work as dessert. This recipe is perfect for any holiday entertaining you may have coming up. Baked brie presents so well and seems like you put a lot of effort into it, when in reality you can use mostly store bought ingredients!
I loved the pumpkin spice cookie butter for Fall entertaining, but you could use regular cookie butter as well. Trader Joe’s always has some fun flavor of cookie butter going on that could work for this recipe. I served my baked brie with crackers, apple slices, grapes and dried figs. You could also slice up some toasty baguette. I recommend having some type of fruit, the tartness compliments the rich brie well. Check out the easy recipe below!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 8oz wheel brie
- 2 tbsp cookie butter
- 1oz pecan pieces
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place puff pastry on greased cookie sheet.
- Place brie in center of puff pastry.
- Spread cookie butter on top of brie.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces on top of cookie butter.
- Fold up corners of puff pastry until wrapped tightly. See photos below.
- Brush pastry with melted butter. Flip pastry so folded edges are face down on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minute until pastry is golden brown.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve with bread, crackers, apples or other fruit.
Hope y’all enjoy! Are you hosting any holiday parties? What are you going to make? I’m always looking for ideas 🙂
Biscuits and blessings,