Y’all. There are Girl Scout Cookie cereals. There, I said it. I went to two different grocery stores to find them.. #dedication. They come in Thin Mint and Caramel Delight flavors, which just happen to be my two favorite kinds of Girl Scout cookies. I wanted to come up with something tasty, and chocolatey, to take to a Super Bowl party, so I thought I’d do a mash up of a rice krispie treat and Girl Scout cookie. These bars are easy to put together and don’t require any baking! They’re chewy and chock-full of chocolate. Check out the recipe below!
- 6 cups Girl Scout Thin Mint Cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 15 Thin Mint Cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 oz marshmallows
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- While butter is melting, add cereal, chocolate chips and crushed cookies to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Once butter is melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Once marshmallows have melted, pour over cereal mixture. Working quickly, stir to coat all pieces of cereal.
- Cereal mixture will be messy and most likely in a big clump. Don't worry! Add mixture to a 9x13 casserole dish and use your hands to press mixture in an even layer.
- Let sit for two hours or place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set and then cut into squares to serve.
So get to the grocery and get you some cookie cereal STAT! You won’t regret it; I promise. And don’t you worry, I’m working on something fun to make with the Caramel Delight flavor 😉
Biscuits & blessings,