Got an easy and healthyish recipe for ya, friends! I love the orzo pasta salad from Fresh Market. Like, love it so much that I eat it for breakfast kind of regularly, which was the inspiration for this recipe. It’s an easy one – you just cook the pasta, whip up a quick vinaigrette and add in spinach, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts! When you mix in the spinach with the freshly cooked pasta, it wilts and absorbs the vinaigrette leaving you with a light but tasty dish.
This recipe tastes great served warm or cold. Add some grilled chicken for an easy lunch or make a big batch for a tailgate or potluck. It keeps well too; I’ll make it on Sunday night and eat for lunch and dinner throughout the week. Check out the recipe below!
- 8oz orzo pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Cook orzo according to package.
- Make vinaigrette: whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and garlic.
- Once pasta is done cooking, immediately drain and transfer to bowl. Add fresh spinach and stir to combine until spinach is wilted.
- Add vinaigrette, tomatoes and pine nuts. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or keep in airtight container in the fridge up to one week.