Another day, another made up reason to eat chocolate. What can I say? Bringing you another post in a series with Hartley Social and The Mall at Lexington Green to celebrate national food holidays. We’re celebrating National Chocolate Covered Anything Day on December 16, because let’s be honest, pretty much anything is better dipped in chocolate.
Especially potato chips! It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet that works as a snack or dessert. All you have to do is melt chocolate in a double boiler, dip and add toppings if desired. We used some festive holiday sprinkles and crushed peppermint oreos from Whole Foods as our toppings. You could even make these and give as gifts or to bring to a holiday party.
- 1/2 pound semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 bag ruffled or kettle chips
- optional sprinkles
- optional crushed oreos
- Chop chocolate into uniform size 1/4 inch pieces. It's important to keep chocolate chunks the same size so that they will melt correctly.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. You can easily create a double boiler with a pot and metal or glass bowl (just not plastic). Fill pot with water and heat on the stove until it is steaming, but not boiling. Make sure your bowl fits in the pot without touching the water.
- Once water is steaming place bowl in pot and add chocolate. Gently stir until melted.
- Dip chips into chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles or crushed oreos if desired.
You want to make sure to use high-quality baking chocolate. Melting chocolate is tricky business, and cheap chocolate usually is even harder to melt. Whole Foods has a ton of different chocolates to choose from!
Will you be celebrating chocolate-covered anything day?? You totally should 😉 If you need a little more inspo, check out my instagram later today for a video of making these bad boys!
Biscuits & blessings,
First photo credit of Hartley Social