I think I discovered this tip on Pinterest years ago, and I’ve been baking my bacon ever since!
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place bacon on sheet; placing strips about two inches apart.
- Place bacon in cold oven. Turn oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until your desired level of crispy-ness.
- Drain bacon on paper towels.
I swear, it makes the crispiest bacon! This method insures the bacon cooks evenly and keeps it from curling up how it does when you cook bacon in a frying pan. There’s also very little clean-up since you can just throw the foil right in the trash. I recommend you keep that bacon grease, though! Like the good Southern woman that I am, I keep a mason jar of it in the fridge. Bacon grease is great for cleaning cast iron and obviously for cooking.. like my yummy make-ahead breakfast casserole with lots of veggies cooked in bacon grease; recipe coming soon, stay tuned!