So this isn’t a ground-breaking kind of recipe. I realize guacamole is pretty popular and one recipe doesn’t vary too much from the other. That being said, I’m pretty proud of my guacamole recipe. I’ve perfected it over the years and through a happy accident, found the trick to making the creamiest guac.
I needed to make guacamole for a party, but my avocados weren’t ripe enough yet. I couldn’t mash them with a spoon, so I tried using an electric hand mixer and found that it created the creamiest texture! It also made the whole process so much easier; you can mix up a batch of guac in about 3 minutes. My recipe isn’t super traditional – I skip the cilantro and use lemon juice instead of lime. Check it out below!
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 small white onion, diced
- 6-8 grape tomatoes or one small roma tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to bowl.
- Use hand mixer to combine until you get a creamy consistency. You can also use a spoon to mash avocado and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately. If you're waiting to serve, add avocado pit to guacamole, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. The pit will keep the guac from turning brown before you're ready to serve.
Biscuits & blessings,