This is so easy it shouldn’t even count as a recipe. My mom has made sour cream muffins ever since I can remember. They literally only take three ingredients and are the perfect complement to any meal. They are light and buttery; it’s hard to just eat one. I love to make them for a barbecue or cookout or to serve alongside a big vat of soup or chili. The leftovers make a great breakfast snack too! This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you need an easy way to feed a crowd.
I recently made these for a sick coworker and made a second batch to bring into the office. Everyone was shocked to hear how easy these were! And it’s so nice to only have to pick up three ingredients and bake muffins from scratch!
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Fill greased mini muffin tins with batter and bake for 15-18 minutes, until muffins are golden.
- You can use regular or reduced fat sour cream. I use both and can honestly really not tell a difference.
- I don't recommend making these in full size muffin tins. The consistency of the batter works best as a mini muffin.