So I made it about 20 days on Whole 30 back in January, and while it was miserably hard, I did feel so much better following it. My stomach really is so much happier when I eat dairy and gluten-free, but it’s so hard! I really love carbs. And cheese. One of my biggest challenges while on Whole 30 was satisfying my sweet tooth while not allowed any added sugar or dairy. Fruit can only take you so far.. ya know? I came up with these frozen banana bites, which are surprisingly reminiscent of ice cream. The combination of frozen banana and almond butter is rich and creamy and the coconut flakes add chewy texture. The recipe is so easy it’s dumb.. check it out!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add bananas to a mixing bowl, using a hand-mixer, mash until they are a baby food-like consistency (gross, I know)
- Add almond butter and mix until combined
- Add coconut flakes and mix until combined
- Fill an ice cube tray with mixture, filling to the top
- Place tray in freezer and freeze for at least two hours
- Store in a ziploc bag in the freezer
Happy healthy eating!
Biscuits & blessings,