This is your reminder, Christmas is in one week! One week, people!! I’m in disbelief. I think spending Thanksgiving in Europe totally threw off my holiday schedule, so it feels like a much shorter season to me this year. If you’re still planning your Christmas menu, I’ve got an idea for ya. This Harvest Salad is packed with Winter flavors, like roasted sweet potato and cranberry. And a little bacon for good measure 😉
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 3 oz arugula
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- To roast sweet potato, preheat oven to 375. Dice sweet potato into 3/4 inch cubes and place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle sweet potato with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and one teaspoon thyme. Use a spoon to stir sweet potatoes around and make sure they are evenly coated.
- Bake for 45 minutes until roasted and starting to brown.
- While potatoes are baking, make salad dressing. Add remaining olive oil, balsamic, mustard, honey and salt and pepper to taste to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Or you can add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake to combine. Or I have one of these handy dandy contraptions and love it!
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl by adding greens, sweet potato, Parmesan, dried cranberries, bacon and pine nuts. Toss with desired amount of salad dressing or serve dressing on the side.
Doesn’t that taste like the perfect way to start your holiday meal? Or just a delicious way to sneak in some veggies during this indulgent season? If anything, save this dressing recipe, it’s so easy to whip up and stays good in the fridge for over a week! I’ve been putting it on everything recently, even avocado toast. Happy holidays!
Biscuits & blessings,