Who doesn’t love baked brie? If you’re one of those people, you should probably stop reading now. Actually, keep reading because I’m going to convince you that you like baked brie. How will I do that? By baking it into a bread bowl with pepper jelly. Yuuuuuuup. I was inspired after seeing one of those Tasty videos on Facebook of a Blooming Onion version of baked brie and had to find an excuse for baking brie into a bread bowl.
Cue Friendsgiving dinner. I needed a cheesy appetizer and this one ended up being a big hit. It’s perfect for holiday entertaining and is an impressive presentation for honestly an easy recipe! The best part is you can use the bread bowl for dipping. I cut one inch strips down the opening of the bread bowl ‘Blooming Onion’ style so that you can pull it apart and dip into the melty, delicious brie.
- One round Italian loaf of bread
- 6 oz wheel of brie
- 4 tbsp pepper jelly
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut out a wheel in the center of the loaf slightly larger (no more than 1/8 in) than the wheel of brie. Slice one inch slits along the side of the the wheel. Reserve the cut out portion of the bread and slice into one inch cubes.
- Spread two tbsp of the pepper jelly inside the bread bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top of the jelly.
- Slice the top rind off of the brie. Place brie rind side down into the bowl.
- Spread the remaining two tbsp of pepper jelly on top of the brie and into the crevices of the slits you cut into the bread bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella on top of the brie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
- With five minutes remaining place the reserved bread cubes in the oven to toast and serve with the brie. Serve immediately with toasted bread and crackers.
I’m sharing this recipe as part of a virtual holiday celebration with some of my favorite local bloggers! We’ve all shared our favorite recipes, entertaining tips, decor and style inspiration for the holidays. Make sure to check them out below and get inspired!
Check out what the #LexBloggerFam has to offer this holiday season!
Desarae Anderson | House Three Thirty Six
Chioma Brown | C’s Evolution of Style
Bronwyn Butler | Basically Bronwyn
Sarah Caton | Space, Place & Southern Grace
Tif Fannin | Bright on a Budget
Stephanie Hargis | This Lexington Life
Courtney Hastings | Kentucky Girl Ramblings
Zac Jones | The Kitchen Gent
Lindsay Latimer | Bourbon & Lipstick
Nina McClure | Blooming Boldly
Ella Rutledge | Girl Meets Lex
Whitney Scheibel | Fabulous in Fayette
Erin Short | The Bliss Between
Sheryl Woolverton | How to Make a Life