Happy Sunday, friends! I’m writing this with Parks & Rec on in the background, the sun is shining and I have no complaints. I had a big week.. I booked a trip to Southeast Asia! I am officially visiting Vietnam and Thailand for my 25th birthday in about a month. I am so excited I could burst out of my skin. Gahhhhhh! I just can’t believe it. I’ve been talking about a trip for my birthday for a while now, and after a lot of research finally settled on Thailand.
I’m spending a few days in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and then flying to Phuket where I’m meeting a tour group and sailing through Thailand. We’ll finish in Krabi from where I’ll fly to Bangkok and spend my last few days there. I’ve been looking through pictures of the islands I’ll be visiting and I just can’t contain myself it’s going to be so beautiful. And the food! I love Thai food and am so excited to experience the real thing. Apparently you can eat a full meal for under $5! If anyone has ever been, please share all your tips!
Otherwise this week, I shared this recipe for Whole 30 “ice cream” bites; I swear they’re so tasty, health and easy to make. I went into Target with the intention of buying NOTHING (was dragged there by a friend) and came out with two pairs of shoes. Le sigh. This weekend I did a lot of planning for Asia and brunched at Doodles. I had a praline waffle, which was a Mardi Gras special. In the spirit of Mardi Gras, instead of links from the internet this week I rounded up a few local places with Fat Tuesday specials for ya:
- Drake’s is offering a $5 Carnival Cocktail until Fat Tuesday and an Abita tap night on Tuesday night.
- Doodles is offering a Pecan Praline Waffle (it was bomb), King Cake French Toast and Etouffee.
- The Tulip is offering Soft Shell Po Boys, Crawfish Fritters, Etouffee, Beignets and King Cake starting Tuesday through the weekend.
- Bourbon n’ Toulouse is a no brainer. They’ll have Alligator Etouffee and King Cake in addition to their regular menu. Crawfish boil starts at 6:30pm and a party next door at Chevy Chase Inn afterwards!
- Magees is offering King Cakes, but I would call to try and get one, rumor is they go fast!
- Minglewood is offering Fried Shrimp Po Boys.
- Brasabana is offering Gumbo, Shrimp Po Boy Sliders and King Cake.
- Country Boy is hosting a Crawfish Boil at their new Georgetown Taproom.
- Middlefork is offering a Shrimp Po Boy.
- The Sage Rabbit is offering Blackened Red Fish, Chicken Etouffee and Jambalaya.
- Palmer’s is offering a Sazerac and Hurricane with food specials.
Highs & Lows
High: Gotta be booking my trip. Apologies for the redundancies, but y’all, I can’t handle my excitement.
Low: The temps dropping this weekend.. I was really getting used to 70 degrees in February 😉
Quote of the Week
She was an adventurer at heart; but oh how she loved drinking this tea from this mug in this chair. Oh how she loved to be home.
I ran out of h’s, so couldn’t fit it all on the felt board, ha! I found this on Pinterest, and felt like it fit me to a t. I am the definition of a wanderlust-chaser, but I’m also such a homebody. And, you know I’ve got a thing for tea. Hope y’all have a great week and Fat Tuesday! Let me know if I’m missing any Mardi Gras eats in my round-up!
Biscuits & blessings,