Happy Thursday! I’m sharing an easy recipe that makes a great summer appetizer. I made these watermelon and feta bites for a brunch this past weekend. They are crazy simple to put together, but look impressive! And a great way to highlight summer produce with juicy watermelon and fresh basil.
I love a sweet and savory combination, especially for an appetizer because people don’t expect it. Feta is nice and salty, so it holds up well with the sweet watermelon. If you’re a fan of feta, make sure to check out my Avocado Feta Dip recipe here. You could also turn this recipe into a salad instead of using toothpicks, just serve on individual plates!
- 1/2 medium watermelon, cubed
- 1 8oz block feta cheese, cubed
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (cut into thin strips)
- olive oil for drizzling
- Cube your watermelon and feta. You want the feta to be slightly smaller than the watermelon. About a 1x1 inch cube of watermelon and .5x.25 inch cube of feta.
- Place feta on top of watermelon and spear with toothpick.
- Cut basil into thin strips and sprinkle on top of watermelon and feta.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve!
So simple! This would be a great dish to take to a cookout or picnic. I’ll be sharing more about the blogger brunch soon – stay tuned! Hope y’all enjoy and have a great weekend!
Biscuits & blessings,